mirror mirror on the wall

A reflection on self in the pursuit of Academia.. email millay_@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Theme Week 15: Jux Suppose

This time I want to do it a little differently
Speculate, imagine
a quick in-and-out
Mysteries can still be written
pearls of beauty
Turns and curves and rabbit prints in the snow
A lot of quiet
The little girl dreaming
Imagine being the girl laughing
A little short of breath
It’s inevitable
Everything you want me to see
Smoky, sad, boozy
approach it with dread
run right past it without hesitation
resign ourselves to the inevitable
peek at the weaknesses
all those thorns
inimitably me
simmering rage directed inward
The inner trash
Thoughts curl back on each other
with a stranger, someone who had no face
Unusual circumstance, peculiar feeling
Check your horrors against our own....
Beat the poet out of you
Hit me that way a little.
Drunk on those tequila shots
enough to find some calm
Something magic about that
A rush of pleasure
bits and pieces of secrets
it came out of your mouth too
something new: in the past
he would probably have been safe
Find a new place to be gone to....
Something pleasant to think about
Temptation to be wrestled with
pretty much says it all.

12 Comments:

Blogger millay said...

Forgot to reference my source...

http://online162.blogspot.com/

Actual quotations, arranged by Amy E. Cross

Thu Dec 08, 11:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

Gee, this is pretty darn darn darn slick--exactly the sample I wanted to create for the class but was too damn lazy to do. Now I get to use it in the future, right?

Thu Dec 08, 12:06:00 PM EST  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

Huh--you made half that stuff up, I just know you did.

Thu Dec 08, 12:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger millay said...

hahahaha...didn't type a word...all copied and pasted. Made a poet of you I did.

Thu Dec 08, 03:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

So I wrote this, eh? (Sort of.) Gee, it really is pretty good! Who knew I was so sharp! Maybe a course in writing found poems is needed.

Fri Dec 09, 07:53:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi amy,

Stumbled across your blog when doing research on love spells. Read a few posts, so thought I'd say hi. Thanks for the read! :)

Me. -- !These do love spells work got my love back!

Sat Dec 10, 08:11:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey amy,

Found your blog today and spent some time reading through it. Good stuff, thanks! I'm thinking of doing one for my free love spells online site, but not sure I have the time to do it right. Yours looks so good though, I might!

Take care!

Sun Dec 11, 03:58:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey amy,

Found your blog today and spent some time reading through it. Good stuff, thanks! I'm thinking of doing one for my do love spells work site, but not sure I have the time to do it right. Yours looks so good though, I might!

Take care!

Tue Dec 13, 07:51:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey amy,

Found your blog today and spent some time reading through it. Good stuff, thanks! I'm thinking of doing one for my magick spells to make him love me site, but not sure I have the time to do it right. Yours looks so good though, I might!

Take care!

Wed Dec 14, 02:24:00 AM EST  
Blogger millay said...

wonder why this particular post brought out all of the witches and wiccans and their love potions. Must be a particular series of words or something brings that about, ya think? None of the others got that. Interesting.

Mon Dec 19, 01:44:00 AM EST  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

Yeah, robots constantly trolling the net looking for the likes of you, or actually--me. Please don't dismantle the blog before I've had time over vacation to incorporate it into a better theme....

Tue Dec 20, 11:04:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your site while looking for free voodoo love spells . Good reads, even though it wasn't exactly right on for what I needed. I'll stop back and read more sometime! If you want, check out my website on free voodoo love spells

Wed Dec 21, 03:22:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home