mirror mirror on the wall

A reflection on self in the pursuit of Academia.. email millay_@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Theme Week 14: I Am The Risk I Take

“This is a week where you take a few risks…”

Every word is a risk. Yes, even the ones that flow with their own life despite the meaning I’d have put to them are a risk. Every one.

I don’t worry after the grade or your thought of the words. I don’t worry about that unseen audience that may or may not read them. Each of those scenarios carry the same weight.

Every word is a risk because the wrong one, the wrong placement could say something that I didn’t intend. Each one could betray a vow of secrecy or offer a window where before there was nothing but wall.

Once those words are put together and posted they serve as a challenge to me, a risk to do better or differently or not so much or more.

For those of us who are not authors, who do not dream of being authors but only write because it is need, for those of us, Mr. Goldfine, every word is a risk.

1 Comments:

Blogger johngoldfine said...

Words...they are risky! So this is a piece about risk rather than a risky piece--the only risk would come if you had a persnickety teacher who said, "This is a piece about risk rather than a risky piece, so I'm marking you down 17 points for the semester." In fact, the instructor you have is quite happy with it.

Thu Dec 08, 09:54:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home