mirror mirror on the wall

A reflection on self in the pursuit of Academia.. email millay_@hotmail.com

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Theme Week 1: The Bitten Word

It's late. I was supposed to take the whole 24 hours off from my studies but I just couldn't do it. I've been going round and round about my schedule. I'm afraid I've bitten off too much for my own good. Two writing courses is tough. Especially when I consider the other courses as well. It's a difficult decision for me to drop a course but I really feel that I should give myself the benefit of sanity. I know that my family would certainly appreciate it. So yep...ENG101 has to go for this semester. Next semester I'll take it in a classroom environment. I've been struggling with the decision for a few days and I'm certain that this is the right decision for me. There. A little of my own housekeeping. More tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christopher Paolini at Kansas City book signing, so we're going
My son pointed out to my fluey self last evening that his current idol, the 21 author of Eragon and Eldest , Christopher Paolini , will be signing books in Kansas City, Missouri, tomorrow afternoon.
My affiliate site:email address

Sun Sep 11, 12:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger johngoldfine said...

I suppose you were weighing which writing course to drop--I'm glad I won out over 101! I wish I could say 'I guarantee you won't regret it' but how used-car salesman sleazy does that sound?

A-hem: I guarantee you won't regret it! And have you seen this low-mileage four-door?

Sun Sep 11, 06:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger millay said...

Honestly? There was never a competition but don't be surprised to see me sitting front row center at your ENG101 class next semester (if you're still teaching it).

Used-car salesmen get a bad rap. They're really just misunderstood insurance salesmen.

Sun Sep 11, 11:20:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts!

Sun Sep 11, 03:28:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home